mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worried about a little girl on our street

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Worried about a little girl on our street Empty
PostSubject: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeFri May 25 2007, 15:13

There's a 9 year old girl on our street who has been coming over to play for the last few days.

Thing is, we don't know her, and she doesn't know us, so I can only assume her parents don't know where she is.

She lives with her dad, and has said she's always left on her own. That's why she comes over to play.

She says her dad will hit her if he finds out she's somewhere she's not supposed to be, so can't play with anyone.

She also talks way too much for my liking about boys, boyfriends, kissing and such. She seems to associate males with sex.

She says she hates boys but has to kiss them, and they're all her boyfriends.

I saw her getting a ice cream the other day, and she pinched all the boys bums and seemed surprised when they didn't want her to.

Am I right to be a little worried, or is this just normal 9 year old stuff?

Obviously it could be all normal, she could be telling tales or something, but I think you can guess what my first thought about her situation was. Crying or Very sad

The next door neighbours daughter ( 8 ) doesn't like her, so whenever she's here, she can't play out, so they've asked her to leave and play with someone else, so their daughter can play out.

Felt really bad, but she just constantly asked very weird questions and is making everyone feel uneasy. She almost cried saying she didn't want to go home, but she did go.

The girl next door knows what number she lives at, and I considered calling social services yesterday, but I wanted to ask if I should be worried or not.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
TessTickles
Cutie baby
Cutie baby

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeFri May 25 2007, 20:50

I wouldnt bother tbh. Unless you have proper evidence that she is being abused. She might just be a bit odd cos she lives with her dad. And besides if you do report it he might hit her and get her in more trouble.
Try and befriend her and get her to open up to you and see if you can find out more.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeSun May 27 2007, 19:52

I think you should ring social services. If they're not hiding anything then everything will be fine.

I doubt ss will miss the signs. They know what sort of questions to ask and what sort of question ring alarm bells.

Ask yourself, if you don't ring, then find out she is in trouble, how would you feel then?
Back to top Go down
donna
Newborn
Newborn
donna

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 11:59

i would get in touch with social services as this doesnt sound like normal behaviour for a nine year old, she sounds far to forward and she has obviously learnt that from somwhere. and as kate said if everything is ok at home it will all be fine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 12:05

I think I will give them a ring. Thanks girls. Hopefully it
s nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeTue May 29 2007, 19:49

I would ring too. If it's nothing, then at least you'll know.
Back to top Go down
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 109
Children : 3 children (26, 21 and 4) and 2 grandchildren (6 and 2).
Interests/hobbies : Working on my sites
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitimeTue May 29 2007, 20:22

Let us know how things progress please. This little girl is either in serious danger or she is a disturbed child. Either way she needs help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsrus.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worried about a little girl on our street   Worried about a little girl on our street Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worried about a little girl on our street
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mums-r-us :: General :: Debate-
Jump to: