mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reclaiming Bank Charges????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma-Marie

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Empty
PostSubject: Reclaiming Bank Charges????   Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 00:06

Hae any of you tried this???

Any success stories?......Tips to share???

Here's some fab templates if it's something you're considering doing! - Keep us updated if it's something you're going to try!!! Smile

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Bank Charges????   Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 00:12

I'm doing this at the minute.

I've got all the way to the court stage and haven't heard anything!

Sent of the letter and £10 for the list of charges. Came about 4 weeks later along with the cheque as a good will gesture! lol

Waited for ages, they took too long so I filed a claim against them.

They had 28 days to file a defense, then I would win by default.

They filed on the last day!

So then I got a letter telling me they'd filed a defense and disputed all monies I was claiming, and I was to wait for a court date.

I KNOW they won't go to court. Not one bank has done this, but still, it'll be ages until I get my money back.

I'm claiming £1200 (£120 for the court fee) from HSBC.
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Emma-Marie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Bank Charges????   Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 00:17

Oh No Gem.......What a pain - it does seem from articles I've read that they do drag it out. Obviously in the hope that the consumer will give it up as a bad job Crying or Very sad ....So DON'T!!!! tongue

On bank had actually WON a case now - it was a couple of weeks ago - pretty convince it was Lloyds TSB Idea

Still, the advice I've read despite this is to press on hun......let us know how you get on won't you?

Everything crossed for you!

E xx
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Bank Charges????   Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 00:20

Gem, here you go - just for your information:

http://www.myfinances.co.uk/news/bank-accounts/current-accounts/bank-wins-court-battle-on-current-account-charges-$473740.htm

Don't let it put you off though - Martin Lewis was on television last week saying that this should by no means be treated as a landmark ruling.

E xx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Bank Charges????   Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 00:25

Thanks for that. I guess I should start chasing them up before all courts do the same! lol

No idea how to though. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reclaiming Bank Charges????   Reclaiming Bank Charges???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reclaiming Bank Charges????
Page 1 of 1