mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stop smoking pill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Stop smoking pill Empty
PostSubject: Stop smoking pill   Stop smoking pill Icon_minitimeThu May 31 2007, 21:29

I heard on the news earlier there will be a pill (no nicotine) that will help people to quit smoking.

This is a pack of pills that you take every day for 12 weeks, and it will cost the NHS £2 per person, per day, which is over £100 per person.

What do you think of this?

Will it be worth the cost, as less people will be admitted into hospital with smoking related illnesses?

Should smokers pay for it themselves?
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Stop smoking pill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop smoking pill   Stop smoking pill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04 2007, 19:14

I've never smoked, but I know how hard is it to give up (my hubby is an ex-smoker) so these would be a godsend!

In a way, I think people should pay, but then again, smokers pay more taxes than anyone, and this pill would surely lower the patients going into hospital with smoking related illnesses, so in the long run, it'll save them millions!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Stop smoking pill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop smoking pill   Stop smoking pill Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2007, 14:36

I agree with that. I've tried to quit a few times with no avail. Sad This would be great. Apparently it blocks cravings? Not sure how that could work. And they have no nicotine in them??

If it stops people from smoking, I don't see the harm, especially as it'lll save money and lives in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Sponsored content

Stop smoking pill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop smoking pill   Stop smoking pill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop smoking pill
Page 1 of 1