mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh sh*t!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2007, 22:43

On saturday, Alyssa got spots all over her body and was boiling hot, so we took her to the hospital (gp shut) and they said it's probably a viral infection, but watch out for rashes that don't disappear (meningitis) and if she's sick bring her straight back in.

Well, she's fine so far. The spots have got a lot worse, but they go when you press them, and she doesn't seem ill, but Cameron got the spots yesterday too!

They've almost gone now, but he's just been sick everywhere, and I checked the few spots he has and they didn't disappear!!!!

Now I'm crapping myself. We had a men scare with Alyssa when she was a baby and now it's happening again!

Dp has taken him straight back to the hospital. I've had to stay here as Alyssa is in bed and it would have taken too long to get her ready too.

I'm hoping it's just a viral infection, as it's happened just after Alyssa's spots, so he's most likely caught it from her.

He's going to ring when he knows something!

Fingers crossed please!
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2007, 23:34

Ok, update. The unreliable hospital didn't have anyone who could help, so they've come back and we've been told we must ring NHS direct.

They've sad it's most likely a viral infection as Alyssa has got it. If she hadn't got it they would have sent an ambulance out! So that doesn't reassure me at all!

He's been sick twice while he was out too. All they've said is to keep him cool (even though he doesn't seem hot) and make him drink lots of water. Now Cameron likes water, but how they can expect you to force water down them if they don't want it is beyond me!

I'm really disappointed with the Oakham hospital. How can a hospital not have any nurses available for him?????

I really hope he's just caught whatever Alyssa has. Thing that's worrying me is she got tonnes of spots, and they've increased in number, and she's now covered from head to toe, must be thousands of spots. Cameron only got a few spots, some didn't disappear when pressed and he's been sick, which is something Alyssa hasn't done, so the two things don't seem similar at all to me.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight. I did want him to come into our bed so I can keep an eye, but they've said keep him cool (our quilt is really thick) and he'll probably be sick a few times during the night, so it looks like he'll be in his.
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2007, 11:42

Oh No Gem Crying or Very sad ....How are they both this morning?

Oakham Hospital sounds pants - I can't believe there was noone to deal with Cameron....that's awful!

Thinking of you - let us know hoe they both are won't you?

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2007, 19:51

Thanks Emma. They seem ok this morning. Both a bit mardy and have both been moaning all day lol

I think I'll just have to watch them both. Cameron's spots have all gone, and Alyssa is still getting more. Sad
Back to top Go down
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2007, 00:58

On no! I hope they're ok now! How are they both?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2007, 13:38

Well, Cameron was sick again, but I didn't take him back, as it was a couple of days after they said that. I think he might actually have got a different bug, straight afterwards. He's ok now and he'll be back at pre-school moday!

Alyssa's spots have all gone and she seems fine too.

One problem though! I woke up yesterday to find my belly covered in spots!! I've got the blasted thing! I felt sick all day yesterday and feel ok today so hopefully it hasn't effected me. lol
Back to top Go down
dede
Tantruming toddler
Tantruming toddler
dede

Female
Number of posts : 85
Children : 2 girls
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2007, 20:15

Thanks god all of you are okay and great to know you all are getting better
Back to top Go down
http://sensation.forumotion.com
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2007, 01:51

I'm glad the children are better. It's horrible when they're ill, but when all of them are ill (or in your case both) you don't know what to do with yourself.

Sorry you got it too. Hope everything is gone now lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh sh*t! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh sh*t!   Oh sh*t! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh sh*t!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mums-r-us :: Parenting :: Babies and children-
Jump to: