mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PCOS???......Anyone suffer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma-Marie

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Empty
PostSubject: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2007, 20:19

Not sure where else this can go so feel free to move if I have it in the wrong place! Wink

Does anyone know anything about PCOS?

I've been at the doctors this morning - FINALLY - have known for quite some time that I have a problem due to very erratic periods (can go 6-9 months without one ) BUT hate going to the doctors so have put it off and put it off......

Anyway, the doctor is fairly convinced from my "symptoms" that there's a strong chance I suffer from PCOS and probably have done for quite some time - have been referred to the hospital for more tests.

I know nothing about it TBH but am going to have a scoot around on the net now to see what I can find - Another of the symptoms can be miscarriage (of which I've had 4 that are on my notes), it can apparently lead to infertility too depending on the severity.

I actually burst into tears in the surgery - it's just that when he began asking me questions about how I felt in myself I felt SO stupid that I've been So down and hidden it from everyone (or at least I think I have ) and it may actually if caused by PCOS (which he said is a hormone imbalance which is why it affects periods causes depression etc) - if my "symptoms" are caused by PCOS it's actually remarkably straightforward with the use of drugs like the mini pill to control - Lesson to me to go to the doctors in future if there's something wrong!

Anyway, does anyone else suffer from it or know anything about it????

Emma xx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2007, 21:22

I don't know much about it either, but will look for something for you.

I feel the about going to my GP. Not sure if I told you, but I had a nasty fall a few weeks back, and my arm hasn't been the same since! I've probably fractured it or something, but I won't go to the GP for it! lol
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2007, 22:33

Found this site for you. Looks great!

http://www.pcos-online.co.uk/?kw=pcos&fl=4371

Also, this is the google page of another search I did. Loads of different websites you could have a look at.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2007, 09:45

Awwww, bless you Gem, Thank you! - Am going to go and have a look at them now!

E xxx

AND....get to the docs about your arm chick - know I'm one to talk but that sounds painful!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28 2007, 12:20

Lol, I should really, just so I know, but it's not too bad really. As long as I don't bend my arm upwards (like to brush my hair) it's not too bad lol. I can't touch my shoulder with it, no where near! lol
Back to top Go down
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 14:34

Aww sorry about your PCOS Emma. Hope you find something to make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
dede
Tantruming toddler
Tantruming toddler
dede

Female
Number of posts : 85
Children : 2 girls
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 21:17

Hope you will get better
Back to top Go down
http://sensation.forumotion.com
Emma-Marie

Female

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2007, 11:13

I have an appointment through this morning to go to the hospital on Thursday......Fingers crossed I get a concrete diagnosis if that's what it is so that I can start getting some treatment! Neutral

Thank you very much for all you messages hug

E xx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2007, 12:30

That's great! Hope it goes well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCOS???......Anyone suffer?   PCOS???......Anyone suffer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PCOS???......Anyone suffer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mums-r-us :: General :: Ramble-
Jump to: