mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you smack?

Go down 
+2
Lilly-pie
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitimeSun May 20 2007, 11:06

Do you smack your children?

Is smacking hands away from danger (eg, about to touch the fireplace) ok?

Is any kind of smacking wrong?

Does smacking encourage violence, making your children think it's ok to use physical force to get their way?

Or is it another forum of punishment along the same lines as the naughty step?
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Lilly-pie
Cutie baby
Cutie baby

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitimeTue May 22 2007, 12:46

I think it's ok when they're in danger (ie running out in the middle of the road) but only if you don't smack normally.

A smack when they're about to do something dangerous will shock them into not doing it again.

If you regularly smack, this won't wok though.

I don't agree with smacking as a punishment, but sometimes parents do get to the end of their tether and snap. I don't think the odd smack will do any harm, only if it's done everyday.
Back to top Go down
skorpy
Newborn
Newborn

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitimeTue May 22 2007, 12:55

I smack my Daughters hand.

But I agree that smacking can cause your children too become angry and smack out at others
Back to top Go down
http://babytalk.megabb.com
EmmaLouise
Newborn
Newborn
EmmaLouise

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitimeTue May 22 2007, 13:06

I dont agree in smacking head or anywhere else on body..tap on hand or bum ok..i think if child is naughty but not a big smack that will leave a mark as this is illegal

and child shouldnt smack all the time as this child will get immune to it and will make no difference
Back to top Go down
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitimeSun May 27 2007, 19:47

I agree with everyone here. A little smack on the hand when they're naughty or in danger. Anything else is over the top IMO.
Back to top Go down
donna
Newborn
Newborn
donna

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 12:02

i smack on the hand but that is about it my kids are 3 and 5 and normally all i need to do is tell them or raise my voice and they know they are doing wrong. if they dont listen i put them in their room for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you smack? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you smack?   Do you smack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you smack?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mums-r-us :: General :: Debate-
Jump to: