mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hmm, is this for real?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Hmm, is this for real? Empty
PostSubject: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2007, 23:57

There was a job on gumtree I applied for, and I just got this response back.

My name is Solomon Peter and I am an artist.the job is a part time employment. I have been doing artwork since I was a kid. That gives me about 25 years of experience. I majored inart in high school and took a few college art courses. Most of my work is done in either pencil or airbrush mixed with color pencils. I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer. I have been selling my art works for the last 5 years and have had a lot of my works featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines.I have sold in galleries and to private collectors from all over the world and i get paid without hassles. I am always facing serious difficulties when it comes to selling my art works in the UK ,owing to the fact that they mostly offer to pay with a UK CHEQUE, which is difficult for me to cash here in other country. And also the cost of coming to the UK and getting payments is very expensive,though i am currently working on setting up a branch in the UK. In view of the above i am in urgent need of a representative in the united kingdom who will be handling the payment aspect,by recieving my payments on my behalf from my UK clients .It is as a result of the above that we came up with the idea of looking for a responsible and competent person(s) who will be of assistance to me in this area,whom i can entrust my payments upon and who will cash them immediately(3 to 5 working day as the cheque as to clear) he/she recieves them and forward the Monies to me any where i want it OR any other Branch via Western Union International Money Transfer.What i need from you is just to recieve the payments and take them to your local bank at get back to me with the clearance date and deduct your own commission. I are prepared to offer a commission of 10% to your person on any payments recieved and cashed,and i shall increase the commission from time to time based on your competence and efficiency.This does not stop you from doing your normal job,it's just for you to take deliveries of payments and cash them and transfer the money to me or other branch via Western Union international Money Transfer.May i not fail to inform you that you have to assure me that any payments you recieve will be instantly pay in to your account and you will inform me with the clearance date and transfered immediately after the cheque as clear,as i am just starting this set up and i would not like a situation where people will make away out squander my hard earned money,so please asure me that all will be well in this business arrangement.
What the job entails is for you to:
(A) Receive Payments on my Behalf from our UK Debtors;such payments shall come in the form of , Checks ,Postal Money Orders and Bank drafts,all of which shall be issued in the UK and in your name.
(B) Bank the payments and get back with clearance date
(C) Transfer the monies via Western Union International Money Transfer.
It wouldn't cost you any amount, You are to receive payments which will be sent to you by courier service,royal mail,by post from my debtors, which would come in form of a United kingdom CHEQUE then you are to bank it deduct your own 10% commission and send the balance to me via
western union money transfer , all transfer fees should be deducted from the money you are to transfer after deducting your 10%.
Application Form::::
(1) Your full name............................
(2)Age......................
(3)Home number............
(4)Home address.....................
(5)City.......................
(6)State..........................
(87)Country.........................
(9)Zpcode.........................
(10)PHONE NUMBERS .................... AND Emaill address....................
Once I get these details I will forward them from time to time to my clients who will then issue out the payments in your favour and send it to you for cashing.
This is a completely legal thing in as much as you prove your honesty by acting to instructions, Please get back to me immediately as i have a lot of payments to recieve and as soon as you send me your home address details i will instruct that my debtors start issuing out the payments to you.
Best Regard
Solomon

What do you think? Is this some sort of scam?
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2007, 00:35

Not sure. I heard about something like this. Sending money to you, you cash it and send it back, and the cheque ends up bouncing, so you're left with the money to pay back.

That's normally huge amounts of money though, so not sure. I'd be wary though.
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 15:59

It IS a SCAM hun - don't make any contact!

I'm a bugger for taking in things like this and have to remind myself that unfortunately if it seems too good to be true it usually is!

E xx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 16:05

I didn't contact him, but he's said he'll start sending cheques soon! Think I'll just chuck em!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 16:08

Ha, talk of the devil! I just got this!

Hello
How are you doing,hope you had a wonderful Week,i got a call from my customer in your good country that the cheque will be with you by Saturday or Monday at most so i need you to keep an eye on your mail box for the cheque for 4100GBP.
This is what you will do as soon as you get the cheque from my customer in your country United Kingdom you will take the cheque to your bank and deposit it in your bank account and get back to me with the clearance date for the cheque.......you will be getting 10% as your commission......you will deduct your commission and send me the refund down to any state via Money Gram .......all the transfer charges shall be deducted from my money and not from your money so you don't have to spend a dime of your own money.
so feel free about this transaction and get back to me.
Keep me updated.
Kind Regrads
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 16:11

Do NOTHING Gem.....please don't get involved!

There've been ALOT of scams like this doing the rounds.....

E xxxx
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 16:22

I won't don't worry lol. I know how they work. I cash the cheque, goes through fine. Take it out and send it back, then I'll get a letter or phone call saying it bounced and I have to pay it all back, so they'll be getting 4k for free!
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 17:28

Yep....I think that's exactly what will happen - Shame though - would be an easy way of making some dosh - BUT, TOO easy!

Stick to the childminding plan hun - FAR better! wave

E xx
Back to top Go down
dede
Tantruming toddler
Tantruming toddler
dede

Female
Number of posts : 85
Children : 2 girls
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2007, 21:01

I think he wants your account # so he can look into your acc-t and so on Im with Emma dont do nothing
Back to top Go down
http://sensation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm, is this for real?   Hmm, is this for real? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmm, is this for real?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mums-r-us :: General :: Ramble-
Jump to: