mums-r-us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Piercing babies ears

Go down 
+6
Hazel
TessTickles
EmmaLouise
skorpy
Lilly-pie
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Piercing babies ears Empty
PostSubject: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeSun May 20 2007, 02:16

What do you think of this?

I think it's awful! How can a parent hold their child down and cause them unnecessary pain? I don't see why they can't wait until their child is old enough to ask. It's not their body after all.

If you've had your baby's ears pierced, why? Why couldn't you wait?

I know there are certain cultures that do this from birth. I still disagree with it and think it's horrible.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
Lilly-pie
Cutie baby
Cutie baby

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeTue May 22 2007, 12:44

No no no no no!
Back to top Go down
skorpy
Newborn
Newborn

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeTue May 22 2007, 12:45

I think it is disgusting...sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://babytalk.megabb.com
EmmaLouise
Newborn
Newborn
EmmaLouise

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeTue May 22 2007, 13:01

Nope i dont agree

It should be up to the child

Mum asked me when i was 3 if i wanted ears peirced i said yes and so i had them done

we will ask aimee when she is ready
Back to top Go down
TessTickles
Cutie baby
Cutie baby

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeFri May 25 2007, 20:55

I think it looks cheap and nasty and common on babies. I notice its usually chav looking mums who have babies with pierced ears.
Back to top Go down
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 109
Children : 3 children (26, 21 and 4) and 2 grandchildren (6 and 2).
Interests/hobbies : Working on my sites
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeSat May 26 2007, 12:33

I had my babies ears pierced at 2 months.

I do not regret it one bit and the pain is not as bad as when the midwife does the GUTHRIE test on a newborn.

I made my decision on the grounds that if earrings are there almost from birth then the child has no reason to 'play' with them. When a child is old enough to know something new has happened they will automatically fiddle and possibly cause infection.

I am not and never will be a CHAV, my childs earrings were tiny little diamond studs that looked tasteful.

My daughter has since said she is glad I had them done when I did as she would have been to scared to have them done at a later date.

Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that....this is MY opinion as a 47 year old mother and grandmother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsrus.net
Kate
Teenage tearaway
Teenage tearaway
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 358
Children : Yes, 3. (5, 3 and 1)

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeSun May 27 2007, 19:53

I don't like it at all. What is the harm in waiting until your child makes the decision for themselves?
Back to top Go down
Emma-Marie

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeSun May 27 2007, 20:38

I agree absolutely with you Kate......Lily will be waiting until she makes the decision for herself and until she can care for them herself too.

I was 12 before I had mine done!
Back to top Go down
donna
Newborn
Newborn
donna

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 11:56

i had mine done when i was about 5 but i think if megan wanted hers done i would make her wait a little bit longer (she 6 next month) because i know how much it hurts i got one ear done and then didnt want the other doing i tried to escape from the shop!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 109
Children : 3 children (26, 21 and 4) and 2 grandchildren (6 and 2).
Interests/hobbies : Working on my sites
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 12:28

When I had my youngest done at 2 months they did both ears at the same time.
They dotted the ears so the holes would be the same and then each girl had a gun and fired in the count of 3.

Cj didnt even flinch and never made a sound, I truely believe she didnt feel a thing.
She made more fuss over having her innoculations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mumsrus.net
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeMon May 28 2007, 12:31

Inoculations are different though. They're necessary. You're lucky (or rather your kids are lol) that they didn't feel anything.

Most babies scream their little heart out and it's horrible. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://mums-r-us.com
lyndsey
Newborn
Newborn

Female
Number of posts : 7
Children : josh 3 yrs
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27 2008, 15:26

I personally do not agree with it either, not until the child is of a suitable age to ask for themselves. I wasn't allowed mine pierced til i was 16 ! Now i understand why & i'm glad my mum stuck to her guns about it. Piercing ears at a young age to me is just another fashionable statement we all want our children dressed as best we can & with the best toys we can get & i don't blame mums for that, But i think ear piercing is going a tad to far. Of course it's each parents choice & it would not do for us all to be the same. On the other hand i have seen several young girls with their ears pierced & it just adds a little more cuteness to them. Overall its a big no from me though. Until the child is of a reasonable understanding age , this of course varies from child to child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piercing babies ears   Piercing babies ears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piercing babies ears
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mums-r-us :: General :: Debate-
Jump to: